Welcome to the Nobody Likes Onions Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    NLO Forums Regular Sirrus has a spectacular aura about Sirrus has a spectacular aura about

Default Halp! Monitor in distress!

Okay, I've had this problem in the past where when I turn my computer on, the resolution is defaulted to 800 x 600, and it's impossible to change. This happened to me this morning, and usually turning off and on my computer, so I did that several times with no results. Hep?

NLO Forums Resident Ken is a splendid one to behold Ken is a splendid one to behold Ken is a splendid one to behold Ken is a splendid one to behold Ken is a splendid one to behold Ken is a splendid one to behold Ken is a splendid one to behold

Mac or PC? I don't see why this could happen on a PC if you log in as the admin.

NLO Forums Resident M O has a reputation beyond repute M O has a reputation beyond repute M O has a reputation beyond repute M O has a reputation beyond repute M O has a reputation beyond repute M O has a reputation beyond repute M O has a reputation beyond repute M O has a reputation beyond repute M O has a reputation beyond repute M O has a reputation beyond repute M O has a reputation beyond repute

Have you done all the obvious things like reinstalling your graphics drivers?

Minecraft Username: mattioes
    Tumblr: Brain Poop

Hardcore NLO Fan JMX has a reputation beyond repute JMX has a reputation beyond repute JMX has a reputation beyond repute JMX has a reputation beyond repute JMX has a reputation beyond repute JMX has a reputation beyond repute JMX has a reputation beyond repute JMX has a reputation beyond repute JMX has a reputation beyond repute JMX has a reputation beyond repute JMX has a reputation beyond repute

First, what you've got to do is delete the file "msvcp60.dll" and then restart your computer, everything should be fine after that.

EDIT : My conscience can't take the chance here, please, don't do that.
    Check some of my stuff out at: http://www.ross-hendry.deviantart.com/

NLO Forums Regular Sirrus has a spectacular aura about Sirrus has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by JMX View Post
    Good, because I would've done it.
    Out of curiosity, what would've happened?

Hardcore NLO Fan 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Sirrus View Post
    Good, because I would've done it.
    Out of curiosity, what would've happened?
    Your computer would be completely fucked, its actually a real douchey suggestion
    This Angry Silence
    จจจจa music podcast that doesn't play brother love. and how!

I don't use tumblr anymore....but I do use twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by 26 View Post
    Your computer would be completely fucked, its actually a real douchey suggestion
    Friends don't let friends delete msvcp60.dll.

NLO Forums Resident wenis has much to be proud of wenis has much to be proud of wenis has much to be proud of wenis has much to be proud of wenis has much to be proud of wenis has much to be proud of wenis has much to be proud of wenis has much to be proud of wenis has much to be proud of

Yep sounds like your graphics drivers is borked. Try deleting it from Device Manager and rebooting.

NLO Forums Resident Ken is a splendid one to behold Ken is a splendid one to behold Ken is a splendid one to behold Ken is a splendid one to behold Ken is a splendid one to behold Ken is a splendid one to behold Ken is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by JMX View Post
    First, what you've got to do is delete the file "msvcp60.dll" and then restart your computer, everything should be fine after that.

JMX, I love how this post says it hasn't been edited at all. It's just ironic how you didn't even let him have a chance to fuck up his computer.

Hardcore NLO Fan JMX has a reputation beyond repute JMX has a reputation beyond repute JMX has a reputation beyond repute JMX has a reputation beyond repute JMX has a reputation beyond repute JMX has a reputation beyond repute JMX has a reputation beyond repute JMX has a reputation beyond repute JMX has a reputation beyond repute JMX has a reputation beyond repute JMX has a reputation beyond repute

I did edit it...I clicked the "edit" button because on the outside had he actually done that I would have felt like shit for a few hours.

REAL EDIT : Hmmm...I see what you mean now...I must have hit the back button or something ? Bah. I don't know, I'm too tired.
    Check some of my stuff out at: http://www.ross-hendry.deviantart.com/

NLO Forums Attendee Chalkbot will become famous soon enough

Like many people suggested already, either your dirvers are hosed or your computer is somehow being defaulted into Safe Mode.

Uninstall your video drivers, reboot, then reinstall the latest ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalkbot View Post
    Like many people suggested already, either your dirvers are hosed or your computer is somehow being defaulted into Safe Mode.

Uninstall your video drivers, reboot, then reinstall the latest ones.
    The safe mode suggestion actually sounds more probable to me.
    Mostly because my computer killed itself a few times whilst playing a game and skipped a disk check a few times to get back in game quickly, so I guess that messed with something...