Welcome to the Nobody Likes Onions Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Panic attacks.

BostonRocks

Default Panic attacks.

Last night me and some friends/family were hanging out in New Jersey. Some of us went out for a walk and smoked a joint. And while walking around I suffered a panic attack. Or at least that's what I think it was, let me tell you all my symptoms. First while we were out on our walk I felt like I got hit by a car, and was killed. I kept trying to talk to my friends and they were ignoring me, which made me fear I was dead even more. Then when we got back to the apartment I hid in my sisters bedroom in the dark and cried, I cried because I still felt like I was dead, and would never see my family again. This whole time I felt like I was floating. Does this sound like a panic attack, or some other crazy phenomenon? None of the other people who smoke reacted this way, and let me say, I will never smoke weed again. This was the scariest thing that ever happened to me, and lasted 2 hours or more.

Senior Forum Member Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future

It doesn't really sound like a panic attack, but the symptoms can vary from person to person. One bad expierence isn't a very good reason to quit smoking, because it was probably just a personal reaction to this specific kind of weed.

Usually panic attacks happen for a reason, whether or not you know what the reason is. They usually have more of an effect on your breathing abilities. This sounds like you got some bad weed, or you're just retarded. They usually don't last that long, either. A panic attack makes you feel like you aren't getting enough air when you're actually gulping it in. While they make you feel like you're dying, usually you don't feel like you're already dead.

NLO Forums Busybody SimplyFabulush is a splendid one to behold SimplyFabulush is a splendid one to behold SimplyFabulush is a splendid one to behold SimplyFabulush is a splendid one to behold SimplyFabulush is a splendid one to behold SimplyFabulush is a splendid one to behold SimplyFabulush is a splendid one to behold SimplyFabulush is a splendid one to behold

Every person I know personally has had one of those panic attacks after smoking pot. I had a really bad one where I thought I was having a heart attack. My boyfriend just had to calm me down and get me to focus and control my breathing. My sister had one when we were at a bar after she had smoked. Her boyfriend had to do the same thing. Not really sure why it happens. All I really remember is that things in my mind were going really fast. And the effects of the pot were just making it worse. Almost as if I couldn't distinguish between the two and everything was just molding into one. That sounds nuts, but whatever. I read this somewhere that seems pretty accurate:

it's complicated, but you have to learn to disassociate the feelings you are having as a result of the weed from the panic attack, and realize that they are just the "normal" effects of smoking weed.

Senior Forum Member Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future

This is not a normal effect of smoking weed, you idiot.

BostonRocks

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
    This is not a normal effect of smoking weed, you idiot.
    This is true, I have smoked countless times, and nothing like this ever happened, weed shouldn't make you curl up in a ball and cry.

NLO Forums Resident wenis has much to be proud of wenis has much to be proud of wenis has much to be proud of wenis has much to be proud of wenis has much to be proud of wenis has much to be proud of wenis has much to be proud of wenis has much to be proud of wenis has much to be proud of

Every person I know personally has never had one of these panic attacks after smoking pot. I've never had one but it sounds more like you are making yourself paranoid more than a panic attack. It's not a good reason to quit smoking pot because it won't (or shouldn't) happen to you every time.

NLO Forums Busybody dehn is a glorious beacon of light dehn is a glorious beacon of light dehn is a glorious beacon of light dehn is a glorious beacon of light dehn is a glorious beacon of light

I'm not sure what to call it, as you described what you were thinking rather than what you felt. Now, you experienced an intense, paralyzing anxiety, shortness of breath, and increased heart rate while you were doing what yo described, then yes, you probably suffered a panic attack.
    Now, there is no feeling associated with being dead (you don't feel death), and I would consider any feeling relating to that highly subjective and completely related to the person's perception of what it should be like. If that feeling of death is what triggered your panic attack, I would say that feeling itself was induced by a mixture of weed and high suceptibility to it during that particular day (i.e. you already had some sort of anxiety or thoughts relating to death lingering in your head , which is what caused weed to affect you more that day)...

...or something like that.
    "It has been rewarding to see what a difference a little time and love can make in someone's life" -Patrick M.

NLO Forums Busybody DLR is a jewel in the rough DLR is a jewel in the rough DLR is a jewel in the rough

I've had a similar experience when high. Usually when I'm blazed, it's good and all, but this one time I could not stop crying. All the images I had were sad. My friend dying, a father being told by his kids they hate him, a man who works hard but can't get anywhere in life. It sucked. Thankfully it has only happened once, but, hey, it happens. If it happens the next time you're smoking, then maybe there is something else going on, but otherwise, just chalk it up to a downer and move on.
    Last edited by DLR; March 15, 2009 at 07:56 PM.

NLO Fan trevor_FTW has a reputation beyond repute trevor_FTW has a reputation beyond repute trevor_FTW has a reputation beyond repute trevor_FTW has a reputation beyond repute trevor_FTW has a reputation beyond repute trevor_FTW has a reputation beyond repute trevor_FTW has a reputation beyond repute trevor_FTW has a reputation beyond repute trevor_FTW has a reputation beyond repute trevor_FTW has a reputation beyond repute trevor_FTW has a reputation beyond repute

This happened to me once when I was really high. Shit was pretty intense.
    Mmm... bacon.

NLO Forums Regular conairh has much to be proud of conairh has much to be proud of conairh has much to be proud of conairh has much to be proud of conairh has much to be proud of conairh has much to be proud of conairh has much to be proud of conairh has much to be proud of

Happens to my aunts BF about once a month. He get this intense death feeling, so much so that he's been to hospital to get checked out 4 or 5 times.
    Its not altogether common in tokers, but I do know a couple of people that it happens to occasionally. It's never done me though.

NLO Forums Resident Marios_shadow has a brilliant future Marios_shadow has a brilliant future Marios_shadow has a brilliant future Marios_shadow has a brilliant future Marios_shadow has a brilliant future Marios_shadow has a brilliant future Marios_shadow has a brilliant future Marios_shadow has a brilliant future Marios_shadow has a brilliant future Marios_shadow has a brilliant future Marios_shadow has a brilliant future

Oh, God, this sounds too familiar.

It sounds like it was just a bad trip, probably nothing to get worried about... But don't get high again if you do worry about it happening again, or it will.

Hardcore NLO Fan 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of

Uh the only panic attack I have ever gotten I was completely sober. I have been smoking weed for four years and have not had a single "pot-induced" panic attack. So uhh...maybe you are all just neurotic fucks.
    This Angry Silence
    จจจจa music podcast that doesn't play brother love. and how!

I don't use tumblr anymore....but I do use twitter.

NLO Forums Resident Ryan has much to be proud of Ryan has much to be proud of Ryan has much to be proud of Ryan has much to be proud of Ryan has much to be proud of Ryan has much to be proud of Ryan has much to be proud of Ryan has much to be proud of Ryan has much to be proud of Ryan has much to be proud of

Your shit was laced.

The end.

NLO Forums Frequenter zachy72 will become famous soon enough zachy72 will become famous soon enough

I've noticed that this happens more to people who have taken a break in their smoking habit then return.
    maybe your tolerance has come down and you bit off more than you could chew
    Masturbation doesn't count, with an inanimate object doesn't count, relatives don't count, rape doesn't count. Still have sex last wednesday? -TylerB

You didn't know that bread is one of the key ingredients in hate? -Linux

Senior Forum Member Arjun has a reputation beyond repute Arjun has a reputation beyond repute Arjun has a reputation beyond repute Arjun has a reputation beyond repute Arjun has a reputation beyond repute Arjun has a reputation beyond repute Arjun has a reputation beyond repute Arjun has a reputation beyond repute Arjun has a reputation beyond repute Arjun has a reputation beyond repute Arjun has a reputation beyond repute

smoke moar

NLO Forums Busybody backgen has a spectacular aura about backgen has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by BostonRocks View Post
    Last night me and some friends/family were hanging out in New Jersey. Some of us went out for a walk and smoked a joint. And while walking around I suffered a panic attack. Or at least that's what I think it was, let me tell you all my symptoms. First while we were out on our walk I felt like I got hit by a car, and was killed. I kept trying to talk to my friends and they were ignoring me, which made me fear I was dead even more. Then when we got back to the apartment I hid in my sisters bedroom in the dark and cried, I cried because I still felt like I was dead, and would never see my family again. This whole time I felt like I was floating. Does this sound like a panic attack, or some other crazy phenomenon? None of the other people who smoke reacted this way, and let me say, I will never smoke weed again. This was the scariest thing that ever happened to me, and lasted 2 hours or more.
    Sounds like some good shit.
    Maybe not pure weed, seems more like a psychedelic.
    Keep smoking.
    Only way to get through a bad trip is to embrace it.

NLO Forums Rabblerouser Brick-Heart is a jewel in the rough Brick-Heart is a jewel in the rough Brick-Heart is a jewel in the rough Brick-Heart is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by BostonRocks View Post
    Usually when this happens you just have to physically tell yourself to chill and focus on something other than your life really hard for a bit which isn't hard when you are high because you can focus really heavy. Your head isn't gonna wanna reason you have to make it reason if that makes any sense.
    Brandy Knutson is a lying, psycho, whore.

I hope one day I will be as good as Zane.

I watch you while you sleep, .
    Senior Forum Member RivalFerrets has a reputation beyond repute RivalFerrets has a reputation beyond repute RivalFerrets has a reputation beyond repute RivalFerrets has a reputation beyond repute RivalFerrets has a reputation beyond repute RivalFerrets has a reputation beyond repute RivalFerrets has a reputation beyond repute RivalFerrets has a reputation beyond repute RivalFerrets has a reputation beyond repute RivalFerrets has a reputation beyond repute RivalFerrets has a reputation beyond repute

There are only three possibilities:

1. What you smoke was laced with a stronger drug or rat poison or something.

2. You have dementia.

3. You really are dead. You died years ago, but are in some form of purgatory. Your "hallucinations" were really just glimpses of your past reality. As the barrier between worlds thins and cracks, you will start having more and more glimpses, each one more horrible than the next, and there will be monsters, perversions of nature, heavy in symbolism, that will rape you and eat your teeth.

NLO Forums Busybody backgen has a spectacular aura about backgen has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by RivalFerrets View Post
    3. You really are dead. You died years ago, but are in some form of purgatory. Your "hallucinations" were really just glimpses of your past reality. As the barrier between worlds thins and cracks, you will start having more and more glimpses, each one more horrible than the next, and there will be monsters, perversions of nature, heavy in symbolism, that will rape you and eat your teeth.
    Whatever you are on right now...i want some!

NLO Forums Lurker roreyC is on a distinguished road

i would say rival's #3 is probably the most accurate assumption.

one time back in my youth i put my bud in a bag that i had put some pills in previously and...yeah, i laced my own shit by accident. i thought i was dying and just laid on my floor for about 3 hours until it stopped.

i've had a couple bad "trips" but i'm a frequent smoker and would say if you're using it for the right reasons, it's a harmless drug for mature/responsible people. just be smart and have a good environment and you'll be fine the next time you toke up.