Welcome to the Nobody Likes Onions Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    NLO Administrator Patrick has disabled reputation

Default NLO 442: Obama is a Racist

We're joined in the studio by a special observer. Kristin, the girl Dagre was too busy getting his oil changed to give the business while in Mississippi, is visiting from Gulfport and Dagre is showing her a good time. Or is he? We discuss Dagre's dating strategy and offer up some suggestions. We also talk about the recent Glenn Beck scandal, and why we defend his right to call Obama a racist. We finish up with some feedback from you, the fans, and call it a day.

NLO Forums Resident Shrey has a reputation beyond repute Shrey has a reputation beyond repute Shrey has a reputation beyond repute Shrey has a reputation beyond repute Shrey has a reputation beyond repute Shrey has a reputation beyond repute Shrey has a reputation beyond repute Shrey has a reputation beyond repute Shrey has a reputation beyond repute Shrey has a reputation beyond repute Shrey has a reputation beyond repute

The part at the beginning when Patrick is grilling Dagre for being a boring fuck with his girl had me rofl-ing. One of the funniest things I have heard in a while!

NLO Forums Rabblerouser kellybutton is a name known to all kellybutton is a name known to all kellybutton is a name known to all kellybutton is a name known to all kellybutton is a name known to all kellybutton is a name known to all

I love when JB just rambles after a joke bombs. It's the funniest thing ever.
    Nobody Likes Onions: Humor can hurt.

Hardcore NLO Fan 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of

saying that color of change made it a "race thing" and changed the debate is complete fucking bullshit. Glenn Beck made it about RACE by calling obama a RACIST (and a completely baseless assertion at that). I don't see glenn beck doing expose's on white power groups in america...cause they are republican. In the Fox News Alternate Reality USA, only minorities can be racist. What a fuck.

Another thing: patrick is annoyed at a special interest group lobbying the advertisers. Well guess what, politics is all about special interests! I don't see patrick whining about conservative groups running ads about obama's health care plan, because that is freedom of speech. As is color of change informing advertisers that glenn beck made a ridiculous statement. It wasn't out of context, and it was ridiculous.
    This Angry Silence
    จจจจa music podcast that doesn't play brother love. and how!

I don't use tumblr anymore....but I do use twitter.

NLO Administrator Patrick has disabled reputation

Quote Originally Posted by 26 View Post
    saying that color of change made it a "race thing" and changed the debate is complete fucking bullshit. Glenn Beck made it about RACE by calling obama a RACIST (and a completely baseless assertion at that).
    Glenn Beck said one individual was a racist (an opinion he is allowed to have). I don't think it's unfounded, but I don't think it's particularly profound or shocking. He absolutely is racist to some degree - we all are.

I said Garrett made it about race when he said to me he had to back up "his people". Glenn Beck didn't attach black people - he attacked Obama. This shows, once again, that black people in this country continue to support Obama regardless of his policies or actions, and solely based on race.

Another thing: patrick is annoyed at a special interest group lobbying the advertisers. Well guess what, politics is all about special interests! I don't see patrick whining about conservative groups running ads about obama's health care plan, because that is freedom of speech. As is color of change informing advertisers that glenn beck made a ridiculous statement. It wasn't out of context, and it was ridiculous.
    It wasn't ridiculous - it's an editorial show, not a news program. I'm not annoyed by a group lobbying advertisers. You obviously don't understand my contempt. I'm annoyed at the oversensitive nature of these groups as it relates to their core goals. When did it become unacceptable for people to offend other people? It's our God-given right. I'm just saying these groups should calm down and fucking vote with their viewership, not try to attack (and poorly at that) the sponsors.

I support all groups rights to speak their mind. I don't like it when groups make fights about things that they aren't about and don't look at the big picture.

You don't have to agree with Beck, but don't act like black people never get on BET and spew absolute racist rhetoric - blatantly - all the time. And of course white people are too chicken shit and guilty to call them out.

The corporations disgust me when they buckle to these groups more than anything, and not just in these racial situations.

NLO Forums Busybody Buffalo X8 is a jewel in the rough Buffalo X8 is a jewel in the rough Buffalo X8 is a jewel in the rough Buffalo X8 is a jewel in the rough

Great show. I was acually going to listen to dipsticks today but instead I was pleasantly greeted by another awkward Dagre show. Personally, I think he should call his dick "The Dipstick" and his balls "The Pep Boys"

On the topic of names: Have you by chance read the book Freakonomics Patrick?
    I'm very wordy, and I use altogether too many commas.

-Ian in Philly

NLO Forums Attendee ryptide is on a distinguished road

My name is Ernest. Fuck your mothers.

BostonRocks

Just started a brand new job today, it sucked, thanks for helping me get through it NLO.

Hardcore NLO Fan 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

I support all groups rights to speak their mind. I don't like it when groups make fights about things that they aren't about and don't look at the big picture.

You don't have to agree with Beck, but don't act like black people never get on BET and spew absolute racist rhetoric - blatantly - all the time. And of course white people are too chicken shit and guilty to call them out.

The corporations disgust me when they buckle to these groups more than anything, and not just in these racial situations.
    Yes, I agree it is ridiculous. And I agree that black power movements, who sort of served a purpose a long time ago to counter white racists are now obsolete and ridiculous. I fully agree that some black people are racist and get called out on it. The reason I personally am angry at Beck is because he has the gall to call obama racist, but he never does expose's on white racism because his particular brand of conservatism or whatever the fuck views racism as a "non-issue" and he only did it to get attention for himself. Well, he got attention. Yeah, the corporations are chickenshit, but that is how the world fucking works. Advertising is a free market.

As for white people calling out black racists...personally I think except in extreme cases (usually that means a black racist will start bashing jews and all that crap) I think that "calling it out" is usually done as a bizzarre white guilt "antidote" as in: "see! non-white people are racist! stop talking about white people being racist!"

I am also not entirely sure if it is really a freedom of speech issue. Beck is on TV as an entertainer. You know as well I do that this is the 21st century and if he was ever "blacklisted" from TV he could still make big bucks broadcasting online. It used to not be the case. There used to be only 3 channels, and only a lucky few could be commentators. With cable, there are tons more. And with the internet, anyone with the right amount of capital (beck surely does, he makes MILLIONS) can start an online tv station. Lest we forget, the man is already doing 3 hours of talk radio a day. And yes, I am against the fairness doctrine.

but anyways I might have been going on too long about this and just regurgitating stuff but all I have to say is that I won't be offering glenn a handkerchief if he plays the victim card. and seeing as how he loves to cry on air, there is a good chance of that happening, if it hasn't happened already.
    This Angry Silence

NLO Forums Survivor Whaever has much to be proud of Whaever has much to be proud of Whaever has much to be proud of Whaever has much to be proud of Whaever has much to be proud of Whaever has much to be proud of Whaever has much to be proud of Whaever has much to be proud of Whaever has much to be proud of

Even as much as I despise Glenn Beck, I really don't give a flying fuck about whether or not he thinks someone I've never even been in the same state as is racist. I'm a little irritated at his sponsors for crumbling so quick in the face of some bitchy little group. I'm gonna be honest, I'd like to see him go off the air, but not for such a stupid reason.

ಠ_ಠ

NLO Forums Rabblerouser tedsam2161 has a spectacular aura about tedsam2161 has a spectacular aura about tedsam2161 has a spectacular aura about

Default This is the real coloreds for change

I'm Bently from South Dakota!

Hey, what do you think of * random tech item here*?

Quote Originally Posted by Whaever View Post
    Even as much as I despise Glenn Beck, I really don't give a flying fuck about whether or not he thinks someone I've never even been in the same state as is racist. I'm a little irritated at his sponsors for crumbling so quick in the face of some bitchy little group. I'm gonna be honest, I'd like to see him go off the air, but not for such a stupid reason.
    Uhm, as I already said, he wouldn't be going "off air" cause he also has a THREE HOUR radio show M-F
    This Angry Silence

NLO Forums Survivor Whaever has much to be proud of Whaever has much to be proud of Whaever has much to be proud of Whaever has much to be proud of Whaever has much to be proud of Whaever has much to be proud of Whaever has much to be proud of Whaever has much to be proud of Whaever has much to be proud of

Uhm, as I already said, he wouldn't be going "off air" cause he also has a THREE HOUR radio show M-F
    ... I'm happy for him? I never said he'd be going ""off air"". Can you.. y'know... read?

ಠ_ಠ

NLO Forums Frequenter fry is a name known to all fry is a name known to all fry is a name known to all fry is a name known to all fry is a name known to all fry is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by Shrey View Post
    The part at the beginning when Patrick is grilling Dagre for being a boring fuck with his girl had me rofl-ing. One of the funniest things I have heard in a while!
    I agree, this was hilarious. Patrick's rant on politics at the end was fantastic as well, angry Patrick FTW!

NLO Fan Cybersoulja has a reputation beyond repute Cybersoulja has a reputation beyond repute Cybersoulja has a reputation beyond repute Cybersoulja has a reputation beyond repute Cybersoulja has a reputation beyond repute Cybersoulja has a reputation beyond repute Cybersoulja has a reputation beyond repute Cybersoulja has a reputation beyond repute Cybersoulja has a reputation beyond repute Cybersoulja has a reputation beyond repute Cybersoulja has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I agree it is ridiculous. And I agree that black power movements, who sort of served a purpose a long time ago to counter white racists are now obsolete and ridiculous. I fully agree that some black people are racist and get called out on it. The reason I personally am angry at Beck is because he has the gall to call obama racist, but he never does expose's on white racism because his particular brand of conservatism or whatever the fuck views racism as a "non-issue" and he only did it to get attention for himself. Well, he got attention. Yeah, the corporations are chickenshit, but that is how the world fucking works. Advertising is a free market.

As for white people calling out black racists...personally I think except in extreme cases (usually that means a black racist will start bashing jews and all that crap) I think that "calling it out" is usually done as a bizzarre white guilt "antidote" as in: "see! non-white people are racist! stop talking about white people being racist!"

I am also not entirely sure if it is really a freedom of speech issue. Beck is on TV as an entertainer. You know as well I do that this is the 21st century and if he was ever "blacklisted" from TV he could still make big bucks broadcasting online. It used to not be the case. There used to be only 3 channels, and only a lucky few could be commentators. With cable, there are tons more. And with the internet, anyone with the right amount of capital (beck surely does, he makes MILLIONS) can start an online tv station. Lest we forget, the man is already doing 3 hours of talk radio a day. And yes, I am against the fairness doctrine.

but anyways I might have been going on too long about this and just regurgitating stuff but all I have to say is that I won't be offering glenn a handkerchief if he plays the victim card. and seeing as how he loves to cry on air, there is a good chance of that happening, if it hasn't happened already.
    Who's Glenn Beck? I'm guessing Obama should have put another white man on the supreme court to keep things "diversified" and non-racist. So fighting years of entrenched racism is reverse racism? Awww, I think some people are missing the good old regular hidden racism they're used to. I think some people are starting to perceive racism like we do and want to hold up a red flag. The only difference is they wont get fire hoses and dog bites for complaining.

NLO Forums Busybody Buffalo X8 is a jewel in the rough Buffalo X8 is a jewel in the rough Buffalo X8 is a jewel in the rough Buffalo X8 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Cybersoulja View Post
    The only difference is they wont get fire hoses and dog bites for complaining.
    Oh yeah, this happens to the blacks every day where I live.

-Ian in Philly

NLO Forums Lurker phate1229 is on a distinguished road

aw damn I was looking forward to you guys ripping ed a new one for moving from the worst to the second worst city

Undergoing NLO Forum Initiation
    killerkris14 is on a distinguished road

Default help

you know the do do dodododo the laundry thing what is the band that sings those songs and what CD was it from?

Quote Originally Posted by killerkris14 View Post
    you know the do do dodododo the laundry thing what is the band that sings those songs and what CD was it from?
    That was back on Obama has aides. It was from the show "White Noise", like they said on the program. Finally, join the SABC, the songs are there.

-Ian in Philly

Quote Originally Posted by Cybersoulja View Post
    Who's Glenn Beck? I'm guessing Obama should have put another white man on the supreme court to keep things "diversified" and non-racist. So fighting years of entrenched racism is reverse racism? Awww, I think some people are missing the good old regular hidden racism they're used to. I think some people are starting to perceive racism like we do and want to hold up a red flag. The only difference is they wont get fire hoses and dog bites for complaining.
    this clip of buchanan exposes the REAL thought process going on. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysbi5bxKxYU
    This Angry Silence