Welcome to the Nobody Likes Onions Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
    NLO Administrator Patrick has disabled reputation

Default NLO 613: Meet Me Somewhere

Patrick is joined by resident Jew-expert and comedian, Ari Shaffir. They are talking about everything from comic books to hot dogs. Patrick shares a recent experience in failing to agree with the terms of a hot dog stand. The duo review a prank call on an angry black man, and discuss freedom of speech.

NLO Forums Busybody Master Chief has a spectacular aura about Master Chief has a spectacular aura about Master Chief has a spectacular aura about

It's fine to feel offended or uncomfortable after a joke. Just don't force your feelings on everyone else.

NLO Forums Rabblerouser tedsam2161 has a spectacular aura about tedsam2161 has a spectacular aura about tedsam2161 has a spectacular aura about

I'm scare someone met shoot me
    I'm Bently from South Dakota!

Hey, what do you think of * random tech item here*?

NLO Forums Survivor GR347 D357R0Y3R is a splendid one to behold GR347 D357R0Y3R is a splendid one to behold GR347 D357R0Y3R is a splendid one to behold GR347 D357R0Y3R is a splendid one to behold GR347 D357R0Y3R is a splendid one to behold GR347 D357R0Y3R is a splendid one to behold GR347 D357R0Y3R is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by tedsam2161 View Post
    I'm scare someone met shoot me
    Excellent, sir. Callback!

NLO Forums Lurker CoozyMcMillan is on a distinguished road

Imus said many racist things, definitely should have been fired. Wouldn't be surprised if Patrick didn't know the other instances, such as this one. Guy is definitely a racist and it's annoying to hear comedians defending him all the time. He's a racist guy that made a joke and got fired because it became obvious he was racist.

That being said, obviously I think if he wasn't racist the nappy comment would have been fine.

NLO Forums Busybody machoot is a jewel in the rough machoot is a jewel in the rough machoot is a jewel in the rough machoot is a jewel in the rough

I think Pmelt and JB discussed this incident too a while back. I wish I could remember the episode.
    I don't find Imus funny at-fucking-all, mainly because his "comedy" pushes the racism gray area, but as far as stuff like Patrice and even Pmelt n friends, they're not riddling their bits with deadpan slurs...if you don't like it, you don't have to watch/listen.
    I really need to drink my own fluids.

Saying someone is racist is a matter of opinion. We make racial jokes all the time and that doesn't make us actually racist. Imus runs a ranch in New Mexico to help underpriveleged children with cancer - many of which are black. So making blanket statements about racism are pretty unfounded.

Second of all, if someone is racist, that doesn't mean they don't have the same rights to free speech and the right to make jokes like the rest of society. And you alleging a history of racism is not pertinent to this case, because the upheaval that led to him getting fired revolved around the "nappy-headed hos" comment, and nothing else.

NLO Forums Member Redwall II will become famous soon enough Redwall II will become famous soon enough

Being Racist isn't a crime. You can think racist thoughts and even make racist speeches as long as you don't incite violence. I mean really, people really need to man up about being offended. Yes it's not nice to be deliberately rude to someones face (You want some of these fries etc) but who really cares if someone makes a joke that slurs your race or sex or what the fuck ever. I mean if I was watching TV and someone kept making derogatory comments about overweight British white guys I'd either laugh or change fucking channel.

Where the fuck is rational thought?

I did make a point in that meandering paragraph right?

Also, MEET ME SOMEWHERE ahahaha genius
    Last edited by Redwall II; December 6, 2010 at 07:22 PM.
    "You were probably glad it was 2 hours and 40 minutes long because that was 3 hours out of your day you didn't have to be fucking lonely"
    Patrick (referring to me)

NLO Forums Lurker CoozyMcMillan is on a distinguished road

Nowhere did I make a blanket statement. I said he is racist, not everybody who makes racist jokes is racist.

Donating to cancer is because he has cancer, obviously some other cancer patients are black. That's irrelevant.

Sure he probably got fired unfairly just for the nappy comment, but my point is a racist and a non-racist getting fired for a joke is not the same thing.
    Last edited by CoozyMcMillan; December 7, 2010 at 03:34 AM.

NLO Forums Lurker TuxedoPants is on a distinguished road

Donate to CANCER!? WHY!? I donate to cancer RESEARCH!

Babingbongbang

Yes, he's racist. You got him.

NLO Forums Frequenter fry is a name known to all fry is a name known to all fry is a name known to all fry is a name known to all fry is a name known to all fry is a name known to all

More Ari Shaffir! He and Patrick have some great chemistry. Also MEET ME SOMEWHERE! man is comedy gold.