Welcome to the Nobody Likes Onions Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    NLO Forums Survivor bongohercules has a brilliant future bongohercules has a brilliant future bongohercules has a brilliant future bongohercules has a brilliant future bongohercules has a brilliant future bongohercules has a brilliant future bongohercules has a brilliant future bongohercules has a brilliant future bongohercules has a brilliant future bongohercules has a brilliant future bongohercules has a brilliant future

Default The Cabbage Patch: A thread for sissies--I mean shy new members.

Hi there! I'm bongohercules! You might remember me from such threads as: "Zombie Apocalypse Singalong" and "Why Not Try Racism?"
    Well, I've noticed we have a bunch of new members, and a bunch of old members coming back and a few dedicated lurkers that have been poking their heads up here and there, and it seemed to me that it might be good for the forums if we helped this process along a bit by providing a space where new joiners can say hello, tell a little bit about themselves and let us get to know you in a safe environment before you venture out into the wilds of the main forums and we go all 4chan on your asses.
    Not that it's not safe out in the regular threads, but I understand that it may be a big step for some the newer and younger fans to just jump into the deep end of the cesspit of mockery, abuse and motiveless racism, gaybashing and misogyny that is our beloved forums.
    Hence this thread:
    It's conceived as the sort of place where we're polite, helpful and welcoming. Where you can work through your forum initiation, get and try out your own avatars and sigs, and meet people in your own membership cohort, while mingling with members of the old guard in a non-threatening environment before you post your own "Let's talk about me" thread, and come out to join in the fun.
    Where we will feel free to rape you repeatedly, then kill you, gut you, stuff you with tasty plantains, onions and carrots, roast you over an open fire and devour you. Then you can join us!
    But I'm getting ahead of myself.
    This is not intended to be something you have to do before joining in the general fun, either. It's just a calmer, less aggressive place to get your feet wet. If you want to skip this step and dive in feel free.
    Either way, welcome to your new home on the web. Sit down, take off your shoes, put up your feet and relax: Tell us about yourself, or not. Tell us how you heard about the show, or don't bother. Speak your mind and ask us anything. We don't bite. and that gnawing sensation you feel at the very core of your soul? That's just the ghost of Twizzler....
    "Sometimes you see something you can't see, and sometimes, it's a bear." Rosie the K

NLO Forums Frequenter Cowardlyshoe is just really nice Cowardlyshoe is just really nice Cowardlyshoe is just really nice Cowardlyshoe is just really nice Cowardlyshoe is just really nice

What about if I'm just really baked and bored and I wanna come talk here? Speaking of the ghost of Twizzler, I fondly remember the days when he harassed me in the chat room.

NLO Forums Survivor GR347 D357R0Y3R is a splendid one to behold GR347 D357R0Y3R is a splendid one to behold GR347 D357R0Y3R is a splendid one to behold GR347 D357R0Y3R is a splendid one to behold GR347 D357R0Y3R is a splendid one to behold GR347 D357R0Y3R is a splendid one to behold GR347 D357R0Y3R is a splendid one to behold

I move to add a "no flaming" rule to the kiddie pool. Let the new people feel a little more welcome here and get the feel of things before moving into the hell that is the NLO forums. No jumping down each other's throats, kids (unless you're into that, then talk to Tomalonge).

I kinda wish we had this thread a little while back when I joined, but I think I turned out okay... *twitch*

Oh, and don't even think about touching that Caps Lock button, children.
    Last edited by GR347 D357R0Y3R; January 10, 2011 at 12:41 AM. Reason: CAPS LOCK RAGE

Super Alpha Bonus Club Member
    NLO Forums Rabblerouser Savant of BKK is a name known to all Savant of BKK is a name known to all Savant of BKK is a name known to all Savant of BKK is a name known to all Savant of BKK is a name known to all Savant of BKK is a name known to all

This thread is actually a really new idea. I remember how fucking terrifying it was to post on here for the first time. I remember it was some corny heath ledger joke that I thought was edgy and new and then after I posted I found out that somebody had already done and done it better. They were not nice about that.
    The only thing better than hair spray, that's me.

NLO Forums Busybody machoot is a jewel in the rough machoot is a jewel in the rough machoot is a jewel in the rough machoot is a jewel in the rough

It's a generally more happy place than it was when I first joined.
    Take it from me...I have more red rep than I can count...3...and I'm still here.
    Newbies, just...don't take it personally if you post in a thread and is NEVER posted in again.
    I really need to drink my own fluids.

NLO Forums Member Briodmun is a jewel in the rough Briodmun is a jewel in the rough Briodmun is a jewel in the rough Briodmun is a jewel in the rough

Just wanted to get this out there to anyone who cares. I'm pretty much a nobody (only 40ish posts? What a fag), but I'm a pretty nice person who doesn't like to swear and respects everyone *cough*. If you're scared to post then don't worry, I don't mind holding your hand on the way and waving goodbye with tears in my eyes as you're let into the big wide forums.
    What's your favourite way to kill a baby?
    ...Seriously...

NLO Forums Regular Knave is a splendid one to behold Knave is a splendid one to behold Knave is a splendid one to behold Knave is a splendid one to behold Knave is a splendid one to behold Knave is a splendid one to behold Knave is a splendid one to behold Knave is a splendid one to behold

I remember my Salad Days... Nothing?

I made godawful threads.

But anyway, come and say hi, we won't bite you unless you're into that.
    In which case, we will bite the shit out of you.

Hardcore NLO Fan Skitchy has a reputation beyond repute Skitchy has a reputation beyond repute Skitchy has a reputation beyond repute Skitchy has a reputation beyond repute Skitchy has a reputation beyond repute Skitchy has a reputation beyond repute Skitchy has a reputation beyond repute Skitchy has a reputation beyond repute Skitchy has a reputation beyond repute Skitchy has a reputation beyond repute Skitchy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Knave View Post
    I remember my Salad Days...
    I got in my car one day to write a ballad!
    But I just ended up knockin' on salad!

Amidoinitrong?

NLO Forums Busybody Twizzler is a splendid one to behold Twizzler is a splendid one to behold Twizzler is a splendid one to behold Twizzler is a splendid one to behold Twizzler is a splendid one to behold Twizzler is a splendid one to behold Twizzler is a splendid one to behold

Did someone mention my name?

NLO Forums Regular funkymonkey68 is a glorious beacon of light funkymonkey68 is a glorious beacon of light funkymonkey68 is a glorious beacon of light funkymonkey68 is a glorious beacon of light funkymonkey68 is a glorious beacon of light

Oldfag reporting in.

Undergoing NLO Forum Initiation
    numbers is on a distinguished road

Doesn't matter what the forum members think, you just get banned anyway if you hurt Uncle Patricks feelings.

Senior Forum Member Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Twizzler View Post
    Did someone mention my name?
    Does this mean I need to start posting again too? I mean I feel like I should, but that might just be the aforementioned gnawing sensation.

NLO Forums Busybody Twizzler is a splendid one to behold Twizzler is a splendid one to behold Twizzler is a splendid one to behold Twizzler is a splendid one to behold Twizzler is a splendid one to behold Twizzler is a splendid one to behold Twizzler is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
    Does this mean I need to start posting again too? I mean I feel like I should, but that might just be the aforementioned gnawing sensation.
    You mean AIDS?

NLO Forums Survivor bongohercules has a brilliant future bongohercules has a brilliant future bongohercules has a brilliant future bongohercules has a brilliant future bongohercules has a brilliant future bongohercules has a brilliant future bongohercules has a brilliant future bongohercules has a brilliant future bongohercules has a brilliant future bongohercules has a brilliant future bongohercules has a brilliant future

Does this mean I need to start posting again too? ...

Sure. Stick around. I have plans. Evil plans.
    "Sometimes you see something you can't see, and sometimes, it's a bear." Rosie the K

NLO Forums Survivor GR347 D357R0Y3R is a splendid one to behold GR347 D357R0Y3R is a splendid one to behold GR347 D357R0Y3R is a splendid one to behold GR347 D357R0Y3R is a splendid one to behold GR347 D357R0Y3R is a splendid one to behold GR347 D357R0Y3R is a splendid one to behold GR347 D357R0Y3R is a splendid one to behold

So Jessica is back... Where is all the bitches at? Where did hjessiey get to? Do we scare the ladies away that easily?

Hardcore NLO Fan neums has a reputation beyond repute neums has a reputation beyond repute neums has a reputation beyond repute neums has a reputation beyond repute neums has a reputation beyond repute neums has a reputation beyond repute neums has a reputation beyond repute neums has a reputation beyond repute neums has a reputation beyond repute neums has a reputation beyond repute neums has a reputation beyond repute

So, since us forum vets are posting in the Cabbage Patcher thread, should we make a Veterans thread for the Patchers to post in?

NLO Forums Busybody Rawn is a jewel in the rough Rawn is a jewel in the rough Rawn is a jewel in the rough

That'll probably just turn into a vets thread as well. The problem with Patchers is only time will make them come out. It takes a lot of lurking for the really shy ones to post regularly.

Look at me, been here since 2006 but I still have less than 300 posts. Woot!

Senior Forum Member Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future Jessica has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by GR347 D357R0Y3R View Post
    So Jessica is back... Where is all the bitches at? Where did hjessiey get to? Do we scare the ladies away that easily?
    Let's hope so.
    Quote Originally Posted by bongohercules View Post
    Sure. Stick around. I have plans. Evil plans.
    Can't wait, boo. Muah.

NLO Forums Member Briodmun is a jewel in the rough Briodmun is a jewel in the rough Briodmun is a jewel in the rough Briodmun is a jewel in the rough

Let's hope so.
    This young lady has some gumption. I likes it!
    What's your favourite way to kill a baby?
    ...Seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by Rawn View Post
    That'll probably just turn into a vets thread as well. The problem with Patchers is only time will make them come out. It takes a lot of lurking for the really shy ones to post regularly.

Look at me, been here since 2006 but I still have less than 300 posts. Woot!
    This is valid. When I first posted from this account (pre-delete, probably sometime in '06 as well) I had been lurking for a long while on a different account. And you know what? That's how it fucking should be. The reason for retarded, "noob"-like posting is that the poster generally doesn't have a good feel for the unwritten rules of the forum. That doesn't just go for the NLO forums - basically any forum is the same way. Without having a while to acclimate to forum politics, they're virtually guaranteed to wind up rubbing someone the wrong way. I'm all for lurking. (Generally in the bushes, watching you shower.)