Welcome to the Nobody Likes Onions Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: BioShock

NLO Forums Rabblerouser Xenomorph52 is a glorious beacon of light Xenomorph52 is a glorious beacon of light Xenomorph52 is a glorious beacon of light Xenomorph52 is a glorious beacon of light Xenomorph52 is a glorious beacon of light

Default BioShock

Is anyone here excited about BioShock? The demo went up on Xbox Live about a day ago. I just got around to playing it a few hours earlier and I can safely say that it's pretty damn awesome.

If you're unfamiliar with BioShock the story revolves around this wacky failed utopia called Rapture which is safely tucked away a couple thousand feet under the sea. Now that I think about it, it's a lot like The Little Mermaid.

I probably shouldn't explain this anymore, just watch this trailer.

NLO Forums Resident TylerB is just really nice TylerB is just really nice TylerB is just really nice TylerB is just really nice TylerB is just really nice

Looks pretty good, however I am still waiting for NHL 08.
    I know I'm not a praying man, but if you're up there, please help me Superman.

Hardcore NLO Fan Cliff has a reputation beyond repute Cliff has a reputation beyond repute Cliff has a reputation beyond repute Cliff has a reputation beyond repute Cliff has a reputation beyond repute Cliff has a reputation beyond repute Cliff has a reputation beyond repute Cliff has a reputation beyond repute Cliff has a reputation beyond repute Cliff has a reputation beyond repute Cliff has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Xenomorph52 View Post
    Is anyone here excited about BioShock? The demo went up on Xbox Live about a day ago. I just got around to playing it a few hours earlier and I can safely say that it's pretty damn awesome.

If you're unfamiliar with BioShock the story revolves around this wacky failed utopia called Rapture which is safely tucked away a couple thousand feet under the sea. Now that I think about it, it's a lot like The Little Mermaid.

I probably shouldn't explain this anymore, just watch this trailer.

I've been ready for it ever since as.man told me what it was.

NLO Forums Resident Doogie is a splendid one to behold Doogie is a splendid one to behold Doogie is a splendid one to behold Doogie is a splendid one to behold Doogie is a splendid one to behold Doogie is a splendid one to behold Doogie is a splendid one to behold Doogie is a splendid one to behold

I'm gonna get it next week, as long as the reviews say it has some amount of replay value. If it doesn't, then I'll wait for Stranglehold.

Zeke

I've been waiting forever man, but I have the misfortune of being without my Xbox so close to release.

Twizzler

I was skeptical when I first watched the gameplay videos and developer walkthrough, but now that I played the demo, I'm a complete convert. I feel that the gunplay is mediocre at best, but the use of plasmids is fun and innovative (Especially the fact that you can shoot electricity into puddles and it will fry everything inside), the story is intriguing (to say the least), and the graphics are nothing short of boner-inducing.

Probably gonna be a buy for me, along with Stranglehold. Disposable income FTW.

NLO Forums Regular Sullivan has a brilliant future Sullivan has a brilliant future Sullivan has a brilliant future Sullivan has a brilliant future Sullivan has a brilliant future Sullivan has a brilliant future Sullivan has a brilliant future Sullivan has a brilliant future Sullivan has a brilliant future Sullivan has a brilliant future Sullivan has a brilliant future

Yeah this game looks pretty badass. my xbox is getting repaired, but it will hopefully be back in time for this game. I've been looking at it since E3, and I'm impressed with it.
    Definite buy.

NLO Forums Resident Chris in Ocoee will become famous soon enough

Great looking game...Is it coming out for PC?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Starr View Post
    The short answer is no...I'm a cock sucking, ass fucking, musical loving, butt munching, homosexual.

NLO Forums Rabblerouser Xenomorph52 is a glorious beacon of light Xenomorph52 is a glorious beacon of light Xenomorph52 is a glorious beacon of light Xenomorph52 is a glorious beacon of light Xenomorph52 is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah, it's coming out for PC too.

NLO Forums Busybody sakaiisfagcore can only hope to improve

Looks fun, I might ask for it for christmas.

I'm more excited about Kane and Lynch

Senior Forum Member Nateman742 has a reputation beyond repute Nateman742 has a reputation beyond repute Nateman742 has a reputation beyond repute Nateman742 has a reputation beyond repute Nateman742 has a reputation beyond repute Nateman742 has a reputation beyond repute Nateman742 has a reputation beyond repute Nateman742 has a reputation beyond repute Nateman742 has a reputation beyond repute Nateman742 has a reputation beyond repute Nateman742 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pumped for this game, I can't wait to dive into all those powers.

I think I'll just be a dick and kill all the little mamas or whatever they're called.
    Don't you read the papers
    Economics is gonna save us
    And science never sleeps
    'Cause science never sleeps

Twizzler

Quote Originally Posted by Nateman742 View Post
    I'm pumped for this game, I can't wait to dive into all those powers.

I think I'll just be a dick and kill all the little mamas or whatever they're called.
    They're called little sisters, but did you see what's protecting them? Things called "Big Daddies", those gigantic things in the suits with the drill on one arm. Threaten the little sister and daddy's on your ass.

NLO Forums Busybody enzobot24 is on a distinguished road

I really want this game, but I'm a Mac and PS3 owner. Hopefully 2K Games will create a PS3 version down the line...if not, I can always go to my friend's house and try it out.

Senior Forum Member Nateman742 has a reputation beyond repute Nateman742 has a reputation beyond repute Nateman742 has a reputation beyond repute Nateman742 has a reputation beyond repute Nateman742 has a reputation beyond repute Nateman742 has a reputation beyond repute Nateman742 has a reputation beyond repute Nateman742 has a reputation beyond repute Nateman742 has a reputation beyond repute Nateman742 has a reputation beyond repute Nateman742 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Twizzler View Post
    They're called little sisters, but did you see what's protecting them? Things called "Big Daddies", those gigantic things in the suits with the drill on one arm. Threaten the little sister and daddy's on your ass.
    Won't matter when I have all the Adam, bitch!
    Don't you read the papers
    Economics is gonna save us
    And science never sleeps
    'Cause science never sleeps

NLO Forums Busybody OriginalBigDan is just really nice OriginalBigDan is just really nice OriginalBigDan is just really nice OriginalBigDan is just really nice

I don't know if you guys are interested, but the developers are offering 'the art of Bioshock' .pdf for a free download on their website.

Apparently there's a spoiler in the foreword though, so they reccomend reading it after you've finished the game!

amdDROOLZ
    Hardcore NLO Fan AMDRulez has a reputation beyond repute AMDRulez has a reputation beyond repute AMDRulez has a reputation beyond repute AMDRulez has a reputation beyond repute AMDRulez has a reputation beyond repute AMDRulez has a reputation beyond repute AMDRulez has a reputation beyond repute AMDRulez has a reputation beyond repute AMDRulez has a reputation beyond repute AMDRulez has a reputation beyond repute AMDRulez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by enzobot24 View Post
    I really want this game, but I'm a Mac and PS3 owner. Hopefully 2K Games will create a PS3 version down the line...if not, I can always go to my friend's house and try it out.
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAA.

"AMD, somehow I see you using your incredible rep power to wiggle things out of people." -- Ken

Hardcore NLO Fan ScottMaximus is a splendid one to behold ScottMaximus is a splendid one to behold ScottMaximus is a splendid one to behold ScottMaximus is a splendid one to behold ScottMaximus is a splendid one to behold ScottMaximus is a splendid one to behold ScottMaximus is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by enzobot24 View Post
    MUHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

Ich bin gewordener Tod, der Zerstörer der Welten

NLO Forums Attendee Seski is on a distinguished road

I totally agree, that this game kicks major ass. Anyone here play the System Shock series?

NLO Forums Member Inapprope is on a distinguished road

I downloaded the demo yesterday but haven't played it yet because of Madden. But sadly I have to send in my 360 because it's on the verge of dying again. Used the towel trick to get it back to life, but that usually only lasts 4-5 days. I'm deeply saddened.

NLO Forums Busybody professor will become famous soon enough professor will become famous soon enough

Apparently its being released today (8-15-07)?

http://the7gamers.com/2007/08/14/bio...early-release/