Welcome to the Nobody Likes Onions Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: BioShock

The_Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by professor View Post
    Apparently its being released today (8-15-07)?

http://the7gamers.com/2007/08/14/bio...early-release/
    Nope, Toys R Us broke the street date. It's still coming out on the 21st.

NLO Forums Rabblerouser jmaze will become famous soon enough jmaze will become famous soon enough

I'm finally getting a 360 next week, and this is one of the first games I'm buying. (The other being Gears, of course.) I can't wait!

"Obviously evolution is false anyway. If evolution were true, humans wouldn't be so stupid." - My Best Friend

Zeke

I think I'd rather get an FPS for the computer, for the mouse control and the better graphics (my 360's TV is 13 years old), but I don't know if my computer will be able to handle it.

Will the PC demo be a good judge of if my computer will run the full thing?

Twizzler

Quote Originally Posted by jmaze View Post
    I'm finally getting a 360 next week, and this is one of the first games I'm buying. (The other being Gears, of course.) I can't wait!
    Gears is not that great. Buy RS:Vegas, too, or if you're on a tight budget, just Vegas.

NLO Forums Busybody merc4hire5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I plan to get bioshock and two worlds.
    Real Name=Big Rob
    My Myspace- http://www.myspace.com/Robert_Law
    Full Tilt Poker= Deathmustard

amdDROOLZ
    Hardcore NLO Fan AMDRulez has a reputation beyond repute AMDRulez has a reputation beyond repute AMDRulez has a reputation beyond repute AMDRulez has a reputation beyond repute AMDRulez has a reputation beyond repute AMDRulez has a reputation beyond repute AMDRulez has a reputation beyond repute AMDRulez has a reputation beyond repute AMDRulez has a reputation beyond repute AMDRulez has a reputation beyond repute AMDRulez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Twizzler View Post
    Gears is not that great.
    Gears is better than Scott's mom. Don't listen to him, buy Gears.

"AMD, somehow I see you using your incredible rep power to wiggle things out of people." -- Ken

The_Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by AMDRulez View Post
    Gears is better than Scott's mom. Don't listen to him, buy Gears.
    Gears is one of the most average game on the console market.

amdDROOLZ
    Hardcore NLO Fan AMDRulez has a reputation beyond repute AMDRulez has a reputation beyond repute AMDRulez has a reputation beyond repute AMDRulez has a reputation beyond repute AMDRulez has a reputation beyond repute AMDRulez has a reputation beyond repute AMDRulez has a reputation beyond repute AMDRulez has a reputation beyond repute AMDRulez has a reputation beyond repute AMDRulez has a reputation beyond repute AMDRulez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lucas View Post
    Gears is one of the most average game on the console market.
    Hillary Duff is one of the greatest actresses of the century.

(note deliberately confrontational and over-certain comment with no elaboration).

"AMD, somehow I see you using your incredible rep power to wiggle things out of people." -- Ken

Twizzler

Hillary Duff is one of the greatest actresses of the century.

(note deliberately confrontational and over-certain comment with no elaboration).
    Lucas is right, Gears is average, at best. Vegas is amazing. And Rulez, you play Virtua Tennis 3. You have no place in any video game talk.

amdDROOLZ

Vegas is sick. This I admit. I want that game.

Buuuuut Gears is a fucking sick game. I would argue possibly the best graphics on the console, maybe beaten by GRAW 2 or something. Consider when it came out, also. That game is really, really solid.

Twizzler

Vegas is sick. This I admit. I want that game.

Buuuuut Gears is a fucking sick game. I would argue possibly the best graphics on the console, maybe beaten by GRAW 2 or something. Consider when it came out, also. That game is really, really solid.
    Bioshock's graphics blow Gears' out of the water (no pun intended, since Bioshock is all underwater). But that aside, I dislike Gears' gameplay as well. Maybe it's just me, but I'm looking for something more in a game than everyone grabbing a shotgun and running at each other, then circle strafing and shooting.

NLO Fan Davis has a reputation beyond repute Davis has a reputation beyond repute Davis has a reputation beyond repute Davis has a reputation beyond repute Davis has a reputation beyond repute Davis has a reputation beyond repute Davis has a reputation beyond repute Davis has a reputation beyond repute Davis has a reputation beyond repute Davis has a reputation beyond repute Davis has a reputation beyond repute

this game looks cool. ill have to look into it some more. its looks like you get to use the red monkey wrench like in the game prey. thats pretty sweet.

Hardcore NLO Fan ScottMaximus is a splendid one to behold ScottMaximus is a splendid one to behold ScottMaximus is a splendid one to behold ScottMaximus is a splendid one to behold ScottMaximus is a splendid one to behold ScottMaximus is a splendid one to behold ScottMaximus is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by jmaze View Post
    I'll sell you a sealed copy of Gears for 45 bucks.
    Ich bin gewordener Tod, der Zerstörer der Welten

NLO Fan Sean8010 is just really nice Sean8010 is just really nice Sean8010 is just really nice Sean8010 is just really nice Sean8010 is just really nice

I am also excited for this game, but I don't have a 360. I'll end up getting it for the PC.

For other non-360 owners, the system requirements are crazy. Here is a link:
    http://www.digitalbattle.com/2007/07...ents-released/

If you don't want to read the page here they are:

Minimum Requirements

CPU - Pentium 4 2.4GHz Single Core processor
    System RAM - 1GB
    Video Card - Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 128MB RAM (NVIDIA 6600 or better/ATI X1300 or better, excluding ATI X1550).
    Sound Card - 100% direct X 9.0c compatible sound card
    Hard disc space - 8GB free space

Recommended Requirements
    CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo processor
    System RAM - 2GB
    Video card - DX9 - Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512MB RAM (NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT or better) / DX10 - NVIDIA GeForce 8600 or better
    Sound Card - Sound Blaster X-Fi series (Optimized for use with Creative Labs EAX ADVANCED HD 4.0 or EAX ADVANCED HD 5.0 compatible sound cards)

I got my computer about 2 weeks ago, and they just meet some of the requirements. Though it should run fine with any low-level gaming computer.

On another topic, what do you think is more worth the $50, Command and Conquerer 3: Tiberium Wars, or Bioshock?
    Last edited by Sean8010; August 15, 2007 at 05:53 PM.

NLO Forums Busybody sakaiisfagcore can only hope to improve

The Lucas' forte!

NLO Forums Rabblerouser jmaze will become famous soon enough jmaze will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Twizzler View Post
    Gears is not that great. Buy RS:Vegas, too, or if you're on a tight budget, just Vegas.
    My best friend has had a 360 since launch, and I bought him RS:Vegas for Christmas. We played the fuck out of that game. It's loads of fun, but the graphics are terrible. Also, I'm going to be getting Call of Duty when it comes out, which should satisfy that niche for me. I'm on-again off-again with Gears. He's completely addicted to it, and I've had a lot of fun with the multiplayer, but then I get burned out on it. He's moving to another state in a few weeks, so I'm mostly getting it so we can play multiplayer and hang out. I cannot wait until Call of Duty 4 comes out, though. That game is going to seriously rock. Oh, and Army of Two looks amazing, too.

"Obviously evolution is false anyway. If evolution were true, humans wouldn't be so stupid." - My Best Friend

NLO Forums Busybody sakaiisfagcore can only hope to improve

Just played the demo. I am officially more excited

The previously mentioned friend of mine just showed up and gave me a pre-order and a gift card for Bioshock as a thank you for watching his dog. Awesome!

Senior Forum Member comicbookguy has a spectacular aura about comicbookguy has a spectacular aura about

The demo kicks ass. I cannot wait to get this game. Best part of all is that my birthday is the 22nd. Its a lock that someone will pick it up for me.

NLO Forums Regular Rogue47 is a name known to all Rogue47 is a name known to all Rogue47 is a name known to all Rogue47 is a name known to all Rogue47 is a name known to all Rogue47 is a name known to all

Thanks to a loyal friend at EB Games, I already have a copy of Bioshock. It is fantastic. When it comes out, it is a must buy.

Twitter: CraigAA
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CraigAA1028