Welcome to the Nobody Likes Onions Forums.

View Poll Results: Do you get these random heart pains?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, or i used to.

73 73.74%
  • No

26 26.26%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Super Alpha Bonus Club Member
    NLO Forums Busybody MotoFly will become famous soon enough

Default Stabbing pains in your heart? (pls read 1st post b4 taking poll)

I was hanging out with a few friends the other day and in the middle of one of my friends talking, he paused, grabbed his chest for a brief moment, and then kept talking, only to stop when he saw everyone's confused faces. He then went about explaining his pause by saying: "Anyone ever get those random shooting pains in your heart?" The majority of the room stared blankly and said no. However, myself and another one of my friends knew what he was talking about and told him that we had the same problem.

Randomly maybe about once every few months or so we will sometimes get a small yet sharp pain in the heart. These seem to happen anytime, anywhere, only last about a half a second, and are completely unanticipated. I, such as my friend, thought that everyone got these random pains so I did not think anything of them.

However, now that I saw that only about 3/7 of our group was having these problems and the other half had no idea what we were talking about, I got a little curious.

Does anyone know what I am talking about? I'm curious how common this is among a rather random selection of people. More importantly does anyone know what these random shooting pains are? I am not necessarily concerned about it considering 3/7 of my friends have the same problem, but I would still like to figure out exactly what is causing this.
    Last edited by MotoFly; November 27, 2007 at 07:15 PM.

NLO Fan trevor_FTW has a reputation beyond repute trevor_FTW has a reputation beyond repute trevor_FTW has a reputation beyond repute trevor_FTW has a reputation beyond repute trevor_FTW has a reputation beyond repute trevor_FTW has a reputation beyond repute trevor_FTW has a reputation beyond repute trevor_FTW has a reputation beyond repute trevor_FTW has a reputation beyond repute trevor_FTW has a reputation beyond repute trevor_FTW has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I do. However, since I have absolutely zero health problems (as far as I know), I can't think of any reason for it. I'm not fat, so I know it has nothing to do with that.
    Mmm... bacon.

Viet-Katejun
    NLO Fan saintsisterkate has a reputation beyond repute saintsisterkate has a reputation beyond repute saintsisterkate has a reputation beyond repute saintsisterkate has a reputation beyond repute saintsisterkate has a reputation beyond repute saintsisterkate has a reputation beyond repute saintsisterkate has a reputation beyond repute saintsisterkate has a reputation beyond repute saintsisterkate has a reputation beyond repute saintsisterkate has a reputation beyond repute saintsisterkate has a reputation beyond repute

I get the same thing, sometimes. I was never really concerned about it-- I'm no health nut, but I'm generally pretty conscious of what goes into my body.

So, yeah. Some insight into that would be helpful, if anyone has any kind of (credible) information on it.

NLO Forums Resident wenis has much to be proud of wenis has much to be proud of wenis has much to be proud of wenis has much to be proud of wenis has much to be proud of wenis has much to be proud of wenis has much to be proud of wenis has much to be proud of wenis has much to be proud of

I used to but I can't remember the last time it's happened. I guess smoking has helped.

NLO Forums Survivor Linux is a jewel in the rough Linux is a jewel in the rough Linux is a jewel in the rough

It's an most likely an arrhythmia. Get an EKG.

doubledowner

I get it and damn it hurts
    I call it the mini heart attack...

and i smoke..

NLO Forums Busybody manofsteele888 will become famous soon enough

Yea, it happens to me every once in a while. I finally found a use for WebMD.

NLO Forums Regular Sirrus has a spectacular aura about Sirrus has a spectacular aura about

Nope, but i'm only thirteen.

NLO Forums Survivor Tits is a splendid one to behold Tits is a splendid one to behold Tits is a splendid one to behold Tits is a splendid one to behold Tits is a splendid one to behold Tits is a splendid one to behold Tits is a splendid one to behold

Chances are it's not heart related...especially for the younger crowd. Heart related problems don't really start with chest pain as much as numbness or tingling in the limbs.

I used to get chest pains fairly often. I believe those could have very well be anxiety related. Xanax used to clear those up real quick.

It's possible that it could be gastrointestinal, too.
    I found I would get chest pains after drinking some beverages, such as Smirnoff Ice or even Minute Maid juices from the bottle. Ingesting a cold beverage could possibly cause your esophagus to tighten up, causing the sensation of pain in your chest.

Gastrointestinal problems are common. Heart pain is not. If you have chest pains and you believe they're heart related you should call 911, because it's not normal.

NLO Forums Survivor bgeek is a splendid one to behold bgeek is a splendid one to behold bgeek is a splendid one to behold bgeek is a splendid one to behold bgeek is a splendid one to behold bgeek is a splendid one to behold

NLO Fan bucsfan914 has a spectacular aura about bucsfan914 has a spectacular aura about bucsfan914 has a spectacular aura about

I also get these chest pains, I'm 17 now and I think the first time I had one was in the summer when I was 12. I used to hate them but now I kinda look forward to them.

Hardcore NLO Fan ScottMaximus is a splendid one to behold ScottMaximus is a splendid one to behold ScottMaximus is a splendid one to behold ScottMaximus is a splendid one to behold ScottMaximus is a splendid one to behold ScottMaximus is a splendid one to behold ScottMaximus is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by bgeek View Post
    Yes. Those are usually heartburn.

I didn't have any until I started my meds, now I get them a few times a week at most.
    Ich bin gewordener Tod, der Zerstörer der Welten

NLO Forums Resident Roasty has much to be proud of Roasty has much to be proud of Roasty has much to be proud of Roasty has much to be proud of Roasty has much to be proud of Roasty has much to be proud of Roasty has much to be proud of Roasty has much to be proud of

I get them occasionally. I try not to think about it. I also get the random wierd heartbeat, like one big beat and two small ones for a second or two, but I think both of these things are pretty normal.

If the pain is associated with breathing in, that is, without a doubt, gas pain. I've already looked into that one, and even though it feels like your heart is being pinched, its gas pain.

Google is you're friend, look on some health sites. I would too, but personally, I'm looking forward to death.

Viet-Katejun
    NLO Fan saintsisterkate has a reputation beyond repute saintsisterkate has a reputation beyond repute saintsisterkate has a reputation beyond repute saintsisterkate has a reputation beyond repute saintsisterkate has a reputation beyond repute saintsisterkate has a reputation beyond repute saintsisterkate has a reputation beyond repute saintsisterkate has a reputation beyond repute saintsisterkate has a reputation beyond repute saintsisterkate has a reputation beyond repute saintsisterkate has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure it's heartburn, exactly. It's just a fleeting pain, usually lasts for a second and then goes away.

NLO Forums Resident Mac is a glorious beacon of light Mac is a glorious beacon of light Mac is a glorious beacon of light Mac is a glorious beacon of light Mac is a glorious beacon of light Mac is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Sirrus View Post
    Nope, but i'm only thirteen.
    It doesnt really matter. I had them when I was thirteen and younger.

Quote Originally Posted by bgeek View Post

Its not heartburn. It shoots then it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by saintsisterkate View Post
    I'm not sure it's heartburn, exactly. It's just a fleeting pain, usually lasts for a second and then goes away.
    Yeah people who get it will understand. I have gotten heart burn before and it is nothing like it. Basically its just a very quick sharp pain. Literally only lasts a split second. It also seems completely at random. It will only happen to me maybe 3-4 times a year. Just a quick sharp pain.

I am pretty sure it is nothing significant, considering how many people seem to get the same thing. I also consider myself healthy, do not take any meds or do any drugs, and I really do not have a family history of heat disease.

Just curious as to what the hell these random seemingly harmless pains are.

NLO Forums Member Tito is on a distinguished road

I used to go through the same thing. I would be walking and get a sharp stab pain in my chest, it took the wind out of me and would slowly fade. if I drank something it would go away alot faster. I talked to my doctor about it and I had a ultrasound and EKG done, nothing shown, said it could be just random heartburn. Made me a bit confused for awhile but as of late, no pains. kinda scary at first and as it goes on you do worry. but to be on the safe side, talk to a doctor, could be nothing, could a hole, tumor, aids (don't ask me how aids got in your heart, that's your problem)

Hardcore NLO Fan ScottMaximus is a splendid one to behold ScottMaximus is a splendid one to behold ScottMaximus is a splendid one to behold ScottMaximus is a splendid one to behold ScottMaximus is a splendid one to behold ScottMaximus is a splendid one to behold ScottMaximus is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Its not heartburn. It shoots then it goes.
    I did not have heartburn, nor pains like those until after I started medication with "heartburn" as the most common side effect.

Trust me, It is heartburn. Unless you think you have cardiomyopathy, then what are you doing here!!?!?!
    Ich bin gewordener Tod, der Zerstörer der Welten

NLO Forums Survivor Linux is a jewel in the rough Linux is a jewel in the rough Linux is a jewel in the rough

If it's cardiomyopathy, you're fucked.

But I still think it's most likely an arrhythmia, or it's your body adjusting to some sort of internal change like an increase of adrenalin.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottMaximus View Post
    I did not have heartburn, nor pains like those until after I started medication with "heartburn" as the most common side effect.

Trust me, It is heartburn. Unless you think you have cardiomyopathy, then what are you doing here!!?!?!
    Heartburn lasts for longer than a split second. It is something much different.

Quote Originally Posted by Linux View Post
    If it's cardiomyopathy, you're fucked.

But I still think it's most likely an arrhythmia, or it's your body adjusting to some sort of internal change like an increase of adrenalin.
    arrhythmia seems to uncommon. Look at the poll right now over half say this has happened to them. I also cannot pinpoint any reason for why it happens. It seems completely random. Whether I am just walking along, or sitting. My friend was just standing up talking.