Welcome to the Nobody Likes Onions Forums.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    NLO Administrator Patrick has disabled reputation

Default The NLO DVD Easter Egg Hunt

Brian King has been working hard on the NLOL 2007 DVD, and we're incorporating a game into the DVD. It's a simple version of an Alternate Reality Game, but it's more like a scavenger hunt of clues. Clues will be everywhere - buried in easter eggs on the DVD itself, in NLO episodes, and in the website, forums, and more.

The first people to find all the clues will be rewarded. The first person to find them all gets ultimate bragging rights and a $100 gift certificate to the NLO store. If you're in the first 25 people to find all the clues, you'll get other stuff from the store for free.

We're making it fairly easy this year, but next year, we plan to make the rabbit hold deeper.

So the game starts now. Clues are out there now, and more will be appearing before the DVD's start showing up on your doorstep. For some you're going to have to work together. Some, I suggest you keep to yourself. On the DVD, hidden in an easter egg of course, you'll be told a site to go to, and there you will have to enter all the clues in order to claim your prize.

RULES:
    • DO NOT reveal the site to go to to enter your clues and claim your prize. Call it "the claim site". This will only be revealed on the DVD.
    • You must have purchased a DVD in order to claim a prize. While you can discuss strategies for cracking theclues on the DVD, do not reveal any specifics (numbers, locations, etc.).

Have fun.

NLO Forums Resident Ken is a splendid one to behold Ken is a splendid one to behold Ken is a splendid one to behold Ken is a splendid one to behold Ken is a splendid one to behold Ken is a splendid one to behold Ken is a splendid one to behold

This sounds like a great idea and I already hear people scouring the wiki pages and realizing we need to work on them. I can't wait to get my DVD and find all the easter eggs. Thanks Patrick for never failing to surprise us.

P.S. I like the new SABC image for members
    Last edited by Ken; April 11, 2008 at 02:56 PM.

NLO Forums Resident LazyGuy216 has much to be proud of LazyGuy216 has much to be proud of LazyGuy216 has much to be proud of LazyGuy216 has much to be proud of LazyGuy216 has much to be proud of LazyGuy216 has much to be proud of LazyGuy216 has much to be proud of LazyGuy216 has much to be proud of LazyGuy216 has much to be proud of LazyGuy216 has much to be proud of

Wow, what an awesome thing to do.
    I'll just know I'll come in at 26th place, get mad and kill a hooker. But sounds fun.
    Man I love NLO.
    It has never mattered how thin a computer is. -- Pictures For Sad Children

Undergoing NLO Forum Initiation

My roommates said I was being "sadistic" when I told them my plan for the DVD clues.

I think they were right.
    Last edited by bk; April 11, 2008 at 03:08 PM.
    "You will never get hard if your dick is in a knot. Iím gonna say that, and you can quote me until I die." - Sean M. O'Brien

NLO Forums Resident Ken is a splendid one to behold Ken is a splendid one to behold Ken is a splendid one to behold Ken is a splendid one to behold Ken is a splendid one to behold Ken is a splendid one to behold Ken is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by bking View Post
    My roommates said I was being "sadistic" when I told them my plan for the DVD clues.

I think they're right.
    Have I just found the very first clue? (runs over and hits button over bed) "That was easy"

NLO Forums Busybody billygowhoop is on a distinguished road

*faint voice* Kanovu . . .

*faint voice gets louder* Kanovu . . .

What does this remind me of?
    "The worst thing that could happen would be to give someone the credibility of a score when they didn't deserve it. But even far worse than that would be to deny someone the credibility when they deserved it. If I'm not there I don't know."

Billy Mitchell forever.

NLO Forums Regular Sirrus has a spectacular aura about Sirrus has a spectacular aura about

Damnit, I was posting something about kanovu and I looked up and I saw that billygowhoop beat me fucking to it.
    damnit.

NLO Forums Survivor Doug is a name known to all Doug is a name known to all Doug is a name known to all Doug is a name known to all Doug is a name known to all Doug is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by bking View Post

I think they were right.

It's on, bitch.

NLO Administrator Patrick has disabled reputation

I can't believe no one has found any clues yet. You guys should step up your game.

NLO Forums Member thepandoras will become famous soon enough thepandoras will become famous soon enough

I found one clue, but it doesn't make any sense.

NLO Forums Regular StaleCrackers is just really nice StaleCrackers is just really nice StaleCrackers is just really nice StaleCrackers is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I can't believe no one has found any clues yet. You guys should step up your game.

There is a new movie "Step Brothers" starring John C. Reilly, who we all know Patrick loves.

His counterpart Will Ferral wheres a "Pablo Cruise" band t-shirt throughout the trailer.

Their next show is Sunday, June 29th Rancho Nicasio Nicasio, CA. We should go to the show, and look for more clues there.

P.s.
    My friend Kanovu told me everything, but I'll let someone else have it.
    Last edited by StaleCrackers; April 12, 2008 at 07:15 PM.
    I know, I know, I overuse commas.

NLO Forums Frequenter ajo21 will become famous soon enough

The cake is a lie!!!!

Anyways, three friends and I were on the fence about getting the DVD.... this vigorously pushed us over to the buying side.

NLO Forums Member thepandoras will become famous soon enough thepandoras will become famous soon enough

Anyone find the one with the big misspelling in it?

Also, if this is Kanovu 2.0 I'm gonna be pissed.

NLO Forums Busybody merc4hire5 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Already paid for my DVD not sure if i can be hardcore enough to win this thing but i will give it a try.
    Real Name=Big Rob
    My Myspace- http://www.myspace.com/Robert_Law
    Full Tilt Poker= Deathmustard

Cunning Linguist and
    NLO Fan Tristan has a reputation beyond repute Tristan has a reputation beyond repute Tristan has a reputation beyond repute Tristan has a reputation beyond repute Tristan has a reputation beyond repute Tristan has a reputation beyond repute Tristan has a reputation beyond repute Tristan has a reputation beyond repute Tristan has a reputation beyond repute Tristan has a reputation beyond repute Tristan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Wouldn't this thread be the first clue?

NLO Forums Frequenter ajo21 will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by fagfuck View Post
    Wouldn't this thread be the first clue?
    That's what they want you to think...

NLO Forums Attendee thereisnogod is an unknown quantity at this point

I think NLO should release an interactive movie/CD-I game so JB can play along.
    Last edited by thereisnogod; April 13, 2008 at 08:30 PM. Reason: I was being a prick.. previously.

Hardcore NLO Fan 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of 26 has much to be proud of

to the shrink-mobile!
    first person to get the reference will feel a small amount of self-satisfaction!

NLO Forums Attendee Slammf61791 is on a distinguished road

i am excited, i just ordered my DVD
    Attached Images

NLO Forums Resident DesignerChic has much to be proud of DesignerChic has much to be proud of DesignerChic has much to be proud of DesignerChic has much to be proud of DesignerChic has much to be proud of DesignerChic has much to be proud of DesignerChic has much to be proud of DesignerChic has much to be proud of

Anyone else think there is an easter egg element to the new SABC tags? Sometimes they are the classic tags, and sometimes they are the animated gif tags.

Just me?
    Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the bitch up with cookies.